Are you familiar with the countless Apple Cider Vinegar benefits? If yes? I bet you’re using it purposefully and if your answer is no, I think now is the time to incorporate apple cider vinegar into your daily life. In this article, you’ll find out its many uses and apple cider vinegar’s amazing benefits.
For your information, Apple Cider Vinegar is otherwise known as ACV or cider vinegar. It is a type of vinegar made from cider or apple must and has a light to medium brown color. It is also a fermented juice made from crushed fresh apples. The most useful form of apple cider vinegar is unpasteurized or organic ACV which contains “mother” of vinegar, which has a cobweb- like appearance and can make the vinegar look slightly glob up that certainly shows that the finest part of the apple has not been destroyed.
Typically, apple cider vinegar has been used for various household and cooking purposes. If you have it in your kitchen, you are probably used to using it as salad dressings, marinades and food preservatives. On the other hand this common kitchen ingredient is used nowadays, as non-toxic disinfectant and all-purpose cleaner at home. It knock outs smoky cooking odor, stinky rooms and bathroom smells and even be your garden buddy . The utilization extended beyond the casual simple condiment.
You may be surprised for wide range health ailments that apple cider vinegar can treat, as well as its favorable beauty regimen benefits. As a matter of fact in 400 B.C the great Hippocrates, Father of Medicine, used it for its amazing health qualities. Undoubtedly it is really possible, because aside from acetic and malic acid it is packed of nutrients containing pectin, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, riboflavin, thiamin, niacin, beta-carotene and lycopene. It also contains minerals such as sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, iron and magnesium. All of these nutrients, minerals and beneficial compounds are helpful in treating and alleviating illnesses.
Apple cider vinegar is claimed to lead to have all sorts of benefits, some of which are supported by science. Science says it does work some pretty spectacular miracles according to Carol Johnston, PhD, a registered dietitian, professor of nutrition and Associate director of school of nutrition and health promotion at Arizona State University, who’s been studying the actual effects of vinegar for years. (Her motto; “Anecdotal Remedies might have some merit, but you don’t know until you do the science.”) However, you’ll find thousands of alleged health benefits too that are still unproven.
BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- Apple Cider Vinegar helps control weight
- It may have some benefits in terms of weight loss and weight management, because it slows fat accumulation. Consuming apple cider vinegar before a meal can help by slowing calories to your bloodstream, so it doesn’t spike up your blood sugar. But it is definitely not a immediate fix, if you want to lose weight, you’ll still need to exercise and learning discipline in your diet.
- Apple Cider Vinegar prevents increase in blood sugar
- Yes!, apple cider vinegar won’t make you a super model in an instant, but it does appear to help diabetes and blood sugar control. Apple cider vinegar has anti-glycemic effect. It prevents at least some of the starch from being digested and raising your blood sugar. If you have diabetes and want to try ACV consult your doctor first and monitor your blood sugar.
- Apple Cider Vinegar promotes digestion
- ACV is full of probiotics and other beneficial bacteria that can help constipation. Vinegar increase the acidity in the stomach, which allows it to digest food you’ve eaten and helps set in motion into the small intestine.
- ACV helps detox our homes, but it also detox your body. It can help promote circulation and detoxify the liver . Apple cider vinegar’s potassium content helps to break up mucus in the body and clear lymph nodes.
- Apple Cider Vinegar clear sinuses
- Since breaking up mucus is one of ACV’s benefits, it also helps clear out the sinuses. Its antibacterial effect can also prevent sinus infection or cold to worsen.
- Relieves jellyfish stings
- Excited for vacation, spending time in beach, but unaware of some incidents might happen. Jellyfish stings can ruin everything, but with the help of apple cider vinegar, it deactivates the jellyfish sting better than many other remedies or treatment.
- Apple Cider Vinegar for shiny hair
- Our hair is our crowning glory. It is surprising how ACV makes you confidently beautiful. Apple cider vinegar can be use as weekly hair rinse, it helps hair looks shiny and soft. Furthermore, helps balance your scalps pH level and help remove hair products build up. It can also prevent dandruff and scalps itchiness.
- Apple Cider Vinegar as facial toner/ cleanser
- ACV’s antibacterial properties is great for cleaning most everything, it may even help fade bruises faster and relieve sunburn. But before doing so, do a patch test on your skin first to rule out sensitivity with apple cider vinegar.
- Apple Cider Vinegar as wart remover
- Over the counter wart removers are available, but have you heard of using Apple cider vinegar to your warts. Most who have tried it praises this home remedy for its effective and quick result, yet inexpensive natural home treatment for such common problem. Instead of painful dermatological procedure, you may want to try this one as soon as possible. Moreover, ACV eliminates odor-causing bacteria and smells from your feet.
TIPS ON TAKING APPLE CIDER VINEGAR FOR #1-6
- Don’t drink it straight
- It’s so acidic that it could harm your tooth enamel and your esophagus, your esophagus isn’t capable to endure all that acid and it could be toxic.
- Don’t overuse it
- Dilute 1 to 2 tbsp in a big glass of water and sip it along with your meals, one or two times a day. If your having trouble with the taste and can’t withstand it, you may want to try using a straw.
- For jellyfish sting
- Aside from drinking the mixture of ACV and water, you can also apply it topically or soak the affected area for 15-30 minutes .
TIPS ON TAKING APPLE CIDER VINEGAR FOR #7-8
- For hair and scalp treatment
- Mix 1/4 cup ACV with 1/4 cup water in a spray bottle and spray on your scalp, wrap your head in a towel/ shower cap and let sit for 30 min – 1 hour. Then wash hair as usual. Do this twice a week for best results.
- As a facial cleanser
- Splashing your face with luke warm water, then dip clean cotton ball into diluted ACV. With gentle upward strokes clean your face and neck with this mixture then rinse after.
- As facial toner
- Mix one part ACV with 2-4 parts water in a glass or spray bottle (you may add essential oils). Simply use a cotton ball and lightly rub all over your face. Do not rinse it off.
TIPS ON USING APPLE CIDER VINEGAR FOR #9
- For warts on face and neck
- Each night before going to bed soak a cotton ball in ACV, apply it to the warts and you can just leave it overnight and wash in the morning.
- For plantar warts
- Always wash hands before and after the procedure to prevent spreading of warts to other body parts. Wash the part afflicted with warts thoroughly. Soak a cotton ball in ACV, apply it to the warts and then hold it in place with a band-aid or medical tape(some uses duct tape). leave it overnight.
- The wart will swell and may tingle as it reacts with the vinegar. It will start to turn to white(as if your skin is over soaked in water) then to black within the first three days and after a week or two it will completely gone. Some experiences pain upon applying ACV but it can last only for minutes or hours.
Truly, an apple a day keeps the doctor away and so, a dose of apple cider vinegar a day keeps you from not visiting your physician. From what you’ve read perhaps you’re considering adding apple cider vinegar in your shopping list, since it is all natural and generally cheap it’s worth a space not only in your kitchen’s cabinet but also in your bathroom. Make sure you buy high quality brand of apple cider vinegar labeled as unpasteurized or organic and with the mother.